Shipping Delays due to Wildfires
Posted by Kat Powers on
We're Affected by the Wildfires
To our dear customers and their beloved pets, unfortunately Epsilon Acupuncture has been affected by the wildfires here on the west coast. We deeply and sincerely apologize for any delays in shipping you may experience. At this time our regular supply chain is disrupted, and our shelves are running low.
It is impossible for us to know exactly when our normal service will resume, however, as of this blog post, we are expecting to be able to resume normal shipping by tomorrow, September 16th. We are not able to make any guarantees because so much of this situation is out of our control. We appreciate your patience and understanding! As always you may contact us here.
Stay Safe Out There
Here are some tips for dealing with wildfire smoke, and of course evacuate as ordered.
- Limit time outside, especially exercise and exertion.
- Wear a mask. A mask is not enough to keep you completely safe, but it can help avoid inhalation of large ash particles.
- Drastically increase your water intake and aim for at least 80oz/day.
- Increase consumption of detoxifying vegetables like those in the cruciferous family (Kale, Spinach, Collard greens, Broccoli, Arugula, Bok choy, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower.)
- If you need an inhaler, carry it with you. Make sure your prescription is up to date.
- You can increase lymphatic drainage in the shower by taking a warm/hot shower and then ending with a short cold water rinse (aim for 30 seconds - not long enough to make you feel cold.)
Here's a link to a compilation of major charities working on this cause right now.