Yunnan Baiyao: Red Pill (What is it?)
The Red Pill (Found in Capsules, Powders, Spray)
Powder; Red Pill location
What is it?
- Known in Chinese as Bao Xian Zi, otherwise known as the "safety pill" or "trauma pill".
- For severe/traumatic bleeding or hemorrhage; internal or external.
- Exact formula/ingredients are a family-guarded secret.
- We do know that pseudoginseng is probably the most important component of it. When pseudoginseng has been studied alone it has been shown to reduce bleeding times in half.
- Only 1 Red Pill / package. Save them, don't throw them away!
Capsules; Red Pill location
Method of Use:
- Internally, it is to be taken 1 pill per day, intended for treating shock due to significant hemorrhage; it may also help alleviate pain. Its ingredients are not revealed.
- The usual procedure is to take the pill along with the first dose of Yunnan Paiyao if there is severe bleeding.
- For less severe bleeding, the pill is not used.
- Externally, the red pill can be crushed and applied directly to the wound to stop bleeding.
- Best when used in conjunction with the Powder to plaster the wound shut.
- Not only excellent at stopping bleeding, but also helps to keep the wound free of infection.